Enter in safe mode
As in the case of computers, there are cases in which an application gives us problems and we need to cancel it , although restarting is not enough. Therefore we must enter in safe mode on our smartphone as follows: press the power off button until the option to turn off appears on the screen. We will press for several seconds in 'Shut down' until we see the option of Restart in safe mode , which we will accept. Check my new blog about techno
In Safe Mode only applications that are pre-installed will work, canceling all the ones that we have downloaded, so we can easily uninstall that app that gave us problems.
Limit the data in the background
So much to limit the cost of data of our tariff, as to save in battery of our device, it is advisable to control the applications that are working in the background. For this we can go to Settings> Use of data and decide what applications allow you to connect to the Internet in the background. We can also find this option as Restrict automatic connections , Restrict background data , etc.
Disable system applications
One of the great flaws of some Android manufacturers are the sometimes excessive applications that come preinstalled and that we can not uninstall, occupying us a beautiful storage space.
A partial solution is to disable them, with which on the one hand we will save part of that space and, on the other, we will avoid that it bothers us and that it keeps appearing in the menu. We just have to go to Settings> Applications , select the app we want to avoid and choose "disable".
For several versions, Android includes some fun "Easter eggs" that may be curious . To find them we just have to go to Settings> Phone information and press repeatedly on Android version . Depending on the version we have installed, this little surprise will change.
Animations in Hangouts
When we use Hangouts from our phone, we do not have all the fun options (graphics and sound) that we have when we do it from the computer, but we can also have fun .
There are some secret animations in Hangout for mobile devices that we can activate at any time of the conversation just by writing the correct code preceded by the backslash /. There are several like, for example, / pitchforks, / ponies, / ponystream, / Woohooo, / Yay !!, / congratulations, / hahahaha, / hehehehe, / xD, / Woot, / Hahahaha, / Hehehehe, / Lmao, / Rofl o / Happy birthday // Happy birthday // Feliç aniversari // Buon compl (in any language)
Identify the song
We all know apps like Shazam or HoundDog that identify us the song that is playing, but did you know that you have a program on your Android that does it too? Yes, Google Play Music, that great unknown, also has that option . When the song that we want to identify is playing we go to the search bar, click and the last searches will be displayed, where the first option will be "identify what is sounding". As simple as that.
Unlock hidden menus
Although it does not always work, because it depends on the operating system version of your smartphone, there are a few menus that can give us a lot of information about our device . To do this, we must go to the phone application and "call" these codes:
- All device information, including usage and battery statistics: * # * # 4636 # * # *
- MAC address of the WiFi unit: * # * # 232338 # * # *
- IMEI code of the terminal (indispensable in case of loss): * # 06 #
- Backup of the personal files of the user: * # * # 273282 * 255 * 663282 * # * # *
- Camera hardware information: * # * # 34971539 # * # *
- Software / hardware details: * # 12580 * 369 #
- Safe Mode or Test Mode: * # * # 7262626 # * # *
- Type and information of RAM memory: * # * # 3264 # * # *
- Restoration to factory settings WITHOUT deletion of data: * # * # 7780 # * # *
- Test of the GPS unit: * # * # 1472365 # * # *
- Bluetooth address: * # * # 232337 # * #
- Hidden menu with information from the Mobile Network: * # 301279 #
- WiFi connection test: * # * # 232339 # * # *
- Test the touch layer of the screen: * # * # 2664 # * # *
- Test of proximity sensors: * # * # 0588 # * # *
- Audio test: * # * # 0289 # * # *
- LCD screen status test: * # * # 0 * # * # *
- Type of block and status of the SIM card: * # 7465625 #
- Vibration and backlight system test: * # * # 0842 # * # *
- Activate test mode: * # * # 197328640 # * # *
And of course:
Tune the screen
Did you think we had forgotten? Well, no. One of the main features of Android is its enormous capacity for personalization . And what is most often personalized is the "face", the first screen of the smartphone. For this we must use a Launcher , a small program that is installed and creates a "layer" above the own smartphone. Depending on which launcher we choose are hundreds, free and paid), we will have more or less personalization options.
If we opt for some of the most popular, such as, we can change the icons (we can also download many new ones for these launchers ), choose their size, position, etc., add animations between screens, etc. Others like even have a multitude of prepared topics that will completely change the look of our smartphone : menus, phone dialer screens, etc.